ARC CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR THE HISTORY OF THE EMOTIONS (EUROPE 1100-1800)
The Australian Research Council (ARC) Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions in collaboration with The University of Western Australia, The University of Adelaide, The University of Melbourne, The University of Sydney and The University of Queensland, seeks to appoint nine exceptional postdoctoral researchers to contribute to research projects in the history of emotions in Europe, c. 1100-1800.
The Centre addresses big questions: to what extent are emotions universal? How, and to what extent, are they culturallyconditioned and subject to historical change? What are the causes andconsequences of major episodes of mass emotional experiences? How areemotions created and conveyed through the arts? How does Australia’s emotional heritage influence today’s social and cultural patterns?
The Centre draws on advanced research expertise at five nodes in Australia (the universities of Western Australia, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland), plus research partnerships in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Sweden. Our approach is strongly interdisciplinary, with researchers spanning the fields of social and cultural history, literature, art history, museology, Latin studies, history of medicine and science, musicology and performance practice.
These prestigious research positions (with additional $16K pa research support) offer an exciting opportunity for innovative and enthusiastic scholars with demonstrated track records in medieval and/or early modern studies and a capacity to engage in interdisciplinary research.
Benefits include 17% superannuation and generous leave provisions. Some relocation allowance for successful applicants will be considered. These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
The University of Western Australia
· Research Associate (Interpretations and Expressions of Emotion) (Ref: 3449)
For position information go to: https://www.his.admin.uwa.edu.au/jobvacs/external/academic/ads.htm
CLOSING DATE: 29 APRIL 2011
The University of Adelaide
· Research Fellowship in Medieval or Early Modern Europe, (Position number 16567),
· Research Fellowship in the Emotional History of Law, Government and Society in Britain, 1700-1830, (Position number 16568),
For position information go to: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/jobs/current/
CLOSING DATE: 21 APRIL 2011
The University of Melbourne
· Research Fellowship in Emotions and Sacred Sites
· Research Fellowship in Texts describing Emotions
For position information and to apply online go to: http://www.hr.unimelb.edu.au/careers
CLOSING DATE: TBA
The University of Queensland
· Research Fellowships: Reason and the Passions in English Literature, 1500-1800 (2 positions)
For position information go to: http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?AdvertiserID=852832
CLOSING DATE: 21 APRIL 2011
The University of Sydney
· Postdoctoral Research Associate in Emotions related to Suicidal Impulse (Ref 160/0111)
· Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Emotional Responses to Public Death (Ref 161/0111)
For position information and to apply online go to: http://usyd.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm
CLOSING DATE: 1 MAY 2011